According to 2014 statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation:
Approximately every two and a half hours someone was killed and every two minutes and 13 seconds, a person was injured. In all, 3,534 people were killed in traffic accidents on Texas roads.
These accidents and injuries happened in a matter of seconds, but the consequences could last a lifetime. If you have been injured because of another driver’s negligence, you should know that the insurance adjuster on your case isn’t your best resource for guidance. He or she is under tremendous pressure from superiors to pay you as little as possible in your case. You need an advocate who will vigorously pursue your claim. You need Jon.
Jon works tirelessly to swiftly and effectively reduce the time from your accident to your recovery. He and his staff will be with you through the entire process, even setting up doctor’s appointments if necessary. Additionally, he works with renowned economists to maximize past and future damages on your behalf.
What To Do if You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident
There are several actions you can take following a car accident that will help if you end up filing a lawsuit. These include:
• Stay at the scene;
• Check on the safety of all involved;
• Contact the police and call for an ambulance, if necessary;
• Contact your insurance company and honestly relate the incident;
• Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than your insurance company, the police and your lawyer;
• Exchange only licenses, registration and insurance information with the other driver/drivers;
• Get the names, addresses, driver’s license numbers, dates of birth, genders and phone numbers of all other drivers involved;
• Write down the name, address, and insurance company information for all the vehicles involved;
• Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses, including passengers;
• DO NOT ADMIT FAULT OR TAKE ANY BLAME, and
• Call a lawyer before discussing the accident with other drivers’ insurance companies.
Additional Steps to help reach the best possible conclusion for your case include:
• Taking photos of the accident itself;
• Keeping track of all of your medical treatment, including the names and contact information for any emergency personnel who may have helped you at the scene.
• Documenting any part of your daily life that has been affected by your injuries. For example, missed workdays or daily activities that have become painful or which are no longer possible because of your injuries.
• Be cautious of early settlement offers. You want to be sure all of your injuries have been treated before you settle. Some injuries take weeks or months to appear and you want to be sure you’re compensated for those. If you need help finding a doctor or setting up appointments, Jon and his staff can help set up appointments and ensure that you make them.
One of the best things you can do if you’ve been injured in an automobile accident is to call Jon. He can help you determine whether you have a claim and if you do, he’ll walk you through every step. He is an experienced, fearless and tireless advocate for you inside and outside the courtroom.